From May 25th 2018 in order to comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we are required us to determine under which basis we process different categories of your personal information, these are:-
1. Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests .
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of
record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our organisation
2. Information we process because we have a legal obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as in regard to travel
This may include your personal information.
3. Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party.
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as member
We expect any third party to agree to reciprocate on our policy.
The Friends of Chartres hold the following details about members:-
- Personal Information, such as your name, address and contact details.
- If you have expressed preferences such as methods of contact these will be recorded.
- On rare occasions if it is in your interest we may have health details such as food allergies or other similar information, these details will only be held at your request.
- When travel is involved we may hold emergency contact details for you.
- If you provide us with personal information we will keep this information only for the time you are a member of The Friends of Chartres.
- In the case of children, as there is a Junior Membership ages of those minors under 18 will be recorded.
- We hold members information on a secure database
Your personal information will be used to:-
- Send mailings from the Association
- Send email giving general information and specific updates.
- Create lists of attendees of an event
- Disclose to a 3rd party if there is a legal requirement to do so required detail of you, e.g. cross channel travel lists to immigration.
- Give contact details to the Association des Amis des Jumelages de Chartres
- You can request to see the personal information held on you or have your information changed or removed at any time by a request to The Honorary Secretary.
- As from 25th May 2018 all members will be asked to opt in to receive information, unless consent is received we shall not be able to communicate with you.
- Consent for the provision of online services for children under the age of 13 is given by parent or individual holding parental responsibility. Permission for minors between 13 & 18 years should be given by themselves.
Date reviewed 19th January 2019
Review Date 1st April 2020